Last Modified: 11-19-2020
This website may also use a remarketing feature in Google AdWords to reach out to people who previously visited our website. Remarketing involves classifying users according to how they use our website and creating an audience segment for third-party vendors, including Google, to show our targeted ads on third party websites. For example, if you access our contact form to make an enquiry about a particular product on our website, you may receive information relevant to that product within a specific time of visiting our website. This could be in the form of an ad on the Google search results page, or on a site in the Google Display Network. You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by changing your cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
3. What is Personal Information?
Personal information is non-public information that can be used to identify an individual. This includes any personal information or opinions about you, whether true or not, no matter how the information or opinions are recorded and includes information from any source. Credit information is a sub-set of personal information.
4. Collection of Personal Information
5. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We will use and disclose information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. We collect and hold the personal information that you supply to us on this website or through your contact with us to:
• identify and contact you so that we can provide you with the information you have requested, assess and process any application you make for services, provide services to you and administer and manage services provided to you (including charging, billing and collecting debts);
• gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with better, more personalized services that are tailored to your needs;
• inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
• conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
• research and develop our services using third party services;
• send you other information that we believe you would find interesting about Company or the services you receive (direct marketing). You may opt out of any direct marketing service at any time;
• perform our administrative operations, including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure (including systems development, testing and upgrading), credit scoring and staff training; and
• validate the user’s rights to view the information provided. We also may use and hold personal information, which is provided to us in connection with services that you request, for the purposes (as relevant) of:
• complying with legislative and regulatory requirements or as otherwise permitted or authorized by law;
• considering any other application you may make to us;
• managing our rights and obligations in relation to external payment systems, e.g. credit card schemes and debit payment schemes;
• conducting market or customer satisfaction research;
• developing, establishing and administering alliances and other arrangements (including rewards programs) with other organizations in relation to the promotion, administration and use of our respective products and services;
• developing and identifying products and services that may interest you; and
• for administrative and management purposes for the Company group including without limitation, account management, data processing, data storage in support of our website and services. We may also use and disclose personal information for purposes that are related or ancillary to the primary purpose we collect it. Information collected by us is used to provide and administer the provision of services to you, managing our rights and obligations under contracts and at law, systems development and testing, in connection with alliance arrangements, and identifying and marketing the products or services provided by us, our related bodies corporate or other organizations that we think may be of interest to you and telling you about them. In common with many other businesses, we use agents and other third parties to conduct certain activities on our behalf and provide certain services to us. For this purpose, we may need to provide these third parties with your personal information. Where appropriate, these disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections. Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us, and there is a possibility of their handling of personal information we hold, we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it. The types of organizations to which we may disclose a customer’s, consumer’s or user’s personal information include:
• banks, other financial institutions and processors for the purpose of processing transactions and tracing transactions;
• external payment systems operators and participants (e.g. credit card payment systems or debit payment systems);
• credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
• our agents, contractors and external advisers whom we engage from time to time to carry out, or advise on, our functions and activities, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• providers of other services to us;
• anyone supplying goods or services to you in connection with an alliance program associated with the services you request;
• any person or organization who introduces you to us;
• any person to the extent necessary, in our view, in order to carry out any instruction you give to us;
• regulatory agencies;
• debt collection agencies;
• organizations involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitization);
• any person considering purchasing a contract entered into by you from us and that person’s advisers, persons involved in assessing the risks and funding of the purchase and, after purchase, the purchaser and any manager on an ongoing basis;
• your and our insurers or prospective insurers and their underwriters;
• other organizations including our related bodies corporate (and our agents and their agents) and organizations with whom we have alliances or arrangements (including reward programs) for the purpose of promoting our respective products and services; and
• for administrative and management purposes for the Company group including without limitation, account management, data processing, data storage, provision of internet services and webhosting;
• any of whom may be located outside of the United States. Where such disclosure occurs, we will require these third parties to keep your information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we are permitted to use it in accordance with the principles set out in this policy. We may also disclose a customer’s, consumer’s or user’s personal information to parties associated with you including:
• your agents and contractors, including your finance broker, referees and your legal or financial adviser;
• your executor, administrator, trustee, guardian or attorney; and
• your franchisor (if applicable). In addition, we may be required or permitted by law to use and disclose your personal information.
There may also be circumstances in which we consider a customer or user has, by their actions, released us from our duty of confidentiality or has consented to the disclosure of personal information about them without actually stating that this is the case.
6. Direct Marketing
By accepting our services you expressly permit us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You agree that we may collect information about you from, and disclose it to, third party organizations including our related bodies corporate (and our agents and their agents) for the marketing of products and services. You consent to the use of your information to issue product and professional mail outs by email, fax, social media or letters and undertaking other marketing or service based activities. You may opt out of any direct marketing service at any time.
Communication Company may use any electronic addresses you have provided to us or for which you are the relevant electronic account holder (both “your addresses”) to send you commercial electronic communication in order to provide you with information and to tell you about products and services, including those of third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you. You warrant that you have authority either as or on behalf of the relevant electronic account holder to provide this consent. You agree that until you provide written notice or use an unsubscribe facility included with a commercial electronic message to withdraw your consent, we may continue to send commercial electronic messages to your addresses.
8. Our Services
The services that we provide are provided pursuant to commercial agreements between you and Company or one of our suppliers or both. Those agreements are separate from this policy.
9. We Protect Your Information
We limit access to your personal information to those of our employees and employees of other entities in the Company group, agents or other third parties who need your personal information to fulfil their responsibilities in relation to the services provided by us. All Company employees must adhere to our privacy policies. Employees violating these policies may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. Our service providers and other outside contractors are subject to contractual requirements to ensure that your personal information is safeguarded.
10. We Secure Your Information
At Company, security is a priority. We employ appropriate measures to protect personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These may include, among others, encryption, physical access security and other appropriate technologies. We continually review and enhance our security systems as necessary.
11. Third Party Content
We may create links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices employed by websites that are linked from our website. If you visit the pages and sites of our affiliated business units, please be sure to review the privacy policies applicable to those sites. Company’s privacy policies and practices do not apply to these sites. Company does not guarantee, approve, or endorse any information, material, services, or products contained on these links. Company is not responsible for any content on sites linked from or to this website. Company is providing the linked sites as a convenience, and your connection to any linked site is at your own risk. This policy applies only to the information we collect on this website. The content of other websites, services, goods or advertisements that may be linked to this website is not maintained or controlled by Company. Company is therefore not responsible for the availability, content or accuracy of other websites, services or goods that may be linked to, or advertised on, this website. Where this website contains hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties these linked websites are not under the control of Company and Company is not responsible for the contents of any linked website. Company provides these hyperlinks to you for convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked website by Company.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this policy, please contact Company at the contact information provided on its website.